It’s important to take care of yourself after your appointment and follow the directions of your physical therapist. Below are tips to feel your best and get the most out of your recent appointment!
- Follow the instructions your physical therapist gave you at the end of your appointment, even if you start to feel better, resist the temptation to overdo it or use the area treated too soon after treatment
- Stay hydrated and drink plenty of water! Proper hydration is crucial to your body’s function as it repairs itself
- If you notice any unusual symptoms, discomfort or pain, let your therapist know right away – contact them directly or through the office – don’t wait until your next appointment to flag anything you believe is wrong! Your PT wants to know if there’s anything that needs to be addressed
- Stretch your body as directed by your PT and don’t put it off, even if you start to feel better a few days later
- Keep a written journal of your symptoms, at-home exercises, improvements or set-backs. Having this in writing helps you remember things the next time you see your PT so they have the most accurate information about what’s been going on between appointments
Maintain a healthy and well-balanced diet. Getting enough greens, protein and vitamin-packed food will help your body recover faster. Also, avoid alcohol, you can cheers to your recovery once your PT gives you the green light to celebrate with a cocktail!
Contact us if you have any questions about your care! We’re here to answer any concerns you may have!